Saturday, January 31, 2009

Confusion Unlimited

Interviewer: Describe yourself in brief.
Me: "Confused"

A briefest answer and enough to mess up a job interview. Confused - yeah that's what I am. I don't mind admitting being confused in life (for job interviews I have learned some smarter and standard replies though). I have read many times that "being confused" is a normal behaviour in early adolescence. I am twenty four years now (and supposed to be grown up), but I feel being more confused now than I did when I was a teenager. Now, I expect I always will be.

But I am subject to wanting answers, and I want them now. When life gets cloudy, we immediately want it to be clear. I am confused with so many events happening around me every single day. And that's why somehow... I am attracted to famous quotes from some wise people, hoping to climb a little higher to that "higher plane" which they are on. How cool this guys must be feeling- being wiser than the rest, with those smart and witty one-liners. I am reading a little now-a-days, but have ended up being more confused. And crap... it's such a blow to one's self-confidence and self-esteem. Like this one says, "Ignorance is the root of all evil." Boy... such a serious accusation... While I thought, ignorance was a sign of innocence. May be these guys take pride in projecting themselves as being intellectually superior.

There are some relieving ones too.. Like "I think, that's why, I am confused" (This one is my favorite). To my further relief.. I am not the only one who is confused. There are a lot of other confused people around as well. And may be that's why a whole lot of industries run, making business out of the state of mind of these poor fellows. From astrologers, mind readers, philosophers, agony aunts, yoga centres, ashrams to religious godmen every one gets their pie for having an opinion about something, that others are confused about.

The Bhagvad Gita too has an opinion about it,
“When your intellect, that is confused by the conflicting opinions and the ritualistic doctrine of the Vedas, shall stay steady and firm with the Self, then you shall attain Self-realization.”
-Bhagavad Gita

Are we the cause of all the confusion or is it really that complicated? (Well.. Probably in my case, both hold true..)

1 comment:

  1. Araey wah munna aa gaye blogging Karney. Kya soch kay aaye thaey reader khus honge bahut saare comment denge. Ab aatou gaya hai dekhein kab tak tiktaa hai yahan(In the tone of the Evil saas from any melodramatic saas bahu saga. Read it in that style only one eye closed the other eye's brow raised.)

    By the way I think I can help you kill your one confusion between ignorance and innocence. The former is a cerebral process while the latter is an emotional phenomenon. The more you have the former the more you go away from the latter. Knowledge does not destroy ignorance it only covers it. It is only the knowing that uproots the ignorance and only then you will be closer to the innocence, and remember you don't have to do anything to become innocent it is your nature, you were born with it.


    Hahahha Dekhaa yeh tou sirf trailer tha aglee baar apney blog pay kuch bhi ooltaa seedha sawaal poocha naa tou mere andar kay bandhay huye Gyaan guru ko khol doonga aur phir tere 4-5 post se bada comment daal doonga. Isliye Dobaara mat poochna ;)

    Bye for now and May the Confusion Grow.

    Vinay.

    ReplyDelete